The objectives of the course are to provide attendees with an understanding of
- the tectonic, physiographic, social and environmental setting of the NWS
- the regional structural framework and tectonic development
- the marine jurisdiction and legislation, and the permitting/award/work program systems
- the history of exploration
- the development of the stratigraphic concepts and nomenclature
- the phases of exploration and the interplay with developing technologies
- the main discoveries and plays
Costs and Deliverables
Course costs are currently A$2500/person, with a 10% discount for PESA members, and a 20% discount for companies sending 5 or more people.
A set of PDFs with all slides used in the course is provided at the start of the course. There are no course notes provided. A digital copy of the reference list compiled by the presenters is provided.